Liz's Open Road
Business During Recession (1:55)
Working As A Lawyer (1:59)
Finding Your Talent (1:34)
Running Your Own Business (1:26)
Law Degree (1:52)
Poor, Lazy Overachievers
New York, NY
Public Television: Season 7
agent, challenging, courage, economy, fearless, finances, grad school, happiness, law, law school, lawyer, lifestyle, puzzles, recession, security, small business
- Was a French major at Rutgers University, but realized there wasn't much she could do with that degree.
- Graduated in 1992, during a recession, so she went to law school to put off entering the workforce.
- Says that while her experience in law school and at law firms wasn't all bad, she entered too much debt and never felt truly happy on that path.
- Started going to yoga with one of her coworkers and before long, it became a passion-she was going five times a week.
- Offhand, a friend suggested that she start her own yoga studio, and she seized upon that idea.
- For the first few months, the studio was really struggling; they felt lucky to get four students in a class.
- After four years, her yoga studio has hit hard times, but she says even if they had to shut down, she wouldn't regret the endeavor.
- She's heard people talk about the dreams they never pursued, so she hopes her unconventional choices inspire others to go after their dreams.