Lillie's Open Road
Try Everything (1:09)
There's So Much You Can Do (0:50)
STEM Makes Life More Interesting (1:58)
The Judge for Success (0:49)
It Doesn't Have To Be Boring (1:00)
Learn To Learn (0:53)
What People Are Telling You (1:18)
There's a whole world out there, and there's just so much you can do in so many different ways. But keep learning, keep learning to adapt, and be happy-it's really important to be happy.
- Originally thought about going into the humanities, but knew she was good at math; thought computer science could be her minor.
- As she started exploring other classes, she realized that her talents and interest in art history could augment her computer science skills.
- Decided to make computer science her major, but kept incorporating her other interests, like French language and government classes.
- Says the skills you learn while studying science and math transfer over into every profession imaginable.
- Believes that the key to finding something you love is to just try everything, even things you're not good at.
- Says you get something out of anything you try, whether it's a new skill or just a learning experience.
- Thinks that in today's economy, with its rapid pace of change, the key is to learn how to keep learning and adapting.
- Says a good way to gauge if something is a passion is by taking a break from it; if your thoughts keep wandering back to it, it's a passion.