Lee's Open Road
It Hit Me (1:06)
Trust Yourself (0:27)
Did I Engage Life? (0:52)
Finding How You're Similar (0:26)
More Unlimited Future (0:22)
Surrounded By Great People (0:16)
Public Television: Season 3
Delta Of Venus Cafe
applying yourself, asking for advice, business, challenges, conformity, death, living, military, music, sanctuary, similarities, the universe, timing
- At age 23, he had just come out of the military and he had no idea what he wanted to do.
- Had a whole host of interests: wanted to be a musician, write a novel, own a restaurant, paint.
- Realized he had the ability to do anything, but not everything; knew he had to focus in on something to be successful.
- Had a conversation with himself and the universe, said, "Please give me something I can sink my teeth into."
- Decided was the restaurant business was what he'd focus on; secured a loan, started asking local restaurant-owners for advice.
- When he went to the Delta of Venus for advice, the owners offered to sell the cafe to him; he saw that as the sign he'd been waiting for.
- Says people in the Davis community are successful "by no one's standards but their own," and that always encouraged him to put happiness first.
- Believes when you die, you're not thinking about how much money you made; you're thinking, "Did I live a life worth living?"