L Scott's Open Road
There are no excerpts for this Leader.
Here, There and Everywhere
Mt. Hood, OR
L SCOTT WEBSTER
The Fruit Company
agriculture, business, drive, environment, farming, food, fruit, fruit baskets, fruit company, insecurities, nature, orchard, Scott Webster, wisdom
- He was expected to enter the family's fruit business, so naturally, he originally wanted to get as far away from it as possible.
- Got a job in Boston, on the opposite side of the country, but still found himself thinking, "How could our family best sell our fruit?"
- Despite some tension between siblings, he went back to the family business.
- Launched The Fruit Company's first website, which has led to a tenfold boom in their growth.
- Soon afterwards, Oprah chose The Fruit Company's baskets as one of her favorite things and their website won a "Best of Web" award.
- At one point, he started having panic attacks due to stress.
- His doctor asked him what he did for fun and he realized he didn't have any hobbies-all he did was work.
- Ended up buying a motorcycle; stays open about health concerns to promote finding a healthy life/work balance.