Kim's Open Road
Be The Idea (0:27)
What Is Life About? (0:25)
Be Your Own Boss (0:24)
When Do You Step Back (0:30)
Public Television: Season 1
It's not about money; it's not about what you are supposed to do or what somebody tells you to do.
be your own boss, business, college, Colorado, day to day, ideas, living on your own, money, routine, skiing
- Started traveling to Colorado when she was in high school and fell in love with the state.
- When she moved there, she learned to ski; says, "Living in Vail, you get pretty good pretty quick."
- Says college, for her, was about breaking free from living with her parents, figuring out what life was about.
- She and her boyfriend talked about starting some sort of business for years; always wanted to be her own boss.
- Some of her parents' entrepreneurial friends told her that finding and following your idea is all you need to start a business.
- Says most days, she's sucked into the day-to-day operations of owning a store, but every once in a while, she sits back and thinks, "This is pretty cool."
- Didn't have a "plan B" for if Outdoor DIVAS failed; said she probably would've had to go "work for the people," get a job.
- Urges young people to experience as much as they can while they're young.