Kevin's Open Road
What Really Brings You Joy? (0:23)
Bouncing This Ball (0:14)
Dreaming Big Dreams (1:17)
Risk Pays (2:54)
Never Lose Sight (2:03)
Walk Your Own Path (1:08)
The Original Roadtrip
Public Television: The Original Roadtrip
ball, career, challenge, chance, clothes, college, comfortable, courage, disappointment, dream, dreams, energy, explore, joy, kids, pictures, playing, possibilities, risk, travel
- His parents abandoned him as a child; he says sports gave him courage, taught him how to deal with disappointment.
- Dreamed of becoming a professional athlete but blew out his knee and had to have two major surgeries.
- While rehabbing his injury, he developed an interest in sports medicine; became a sports trainer, was eventually hired by the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Because of his unique outlooks and his sports background, he was tapped by Nike to be their "creative change agent," a position he termed "the Katalyst."
- Says that there's an assimilation that happens when you go to college: you start to mirror those around you.
- Believes that you only know the environment around you-that's what you mirror, so you have to consciously expand your circle of influence.
- Says colleges will tell you to search for a career, when really, you should be searching for your joy.
- Believes the purest form of joy comes from a red rubber ball; says the best time to develop your dreams is when you're in play.