Keola's Open Road
Paying Your Dues (0:55)
Working On Cars Is A Challenge (0:38)
Embrace Opportunities (0:53)
Getting Started (0:37)
Helping Others Is A Reward (0:31)
Master Guild Technician
Look to get the most out of every opportunity—take advantage of any and all training you can and don’t be afraid to take on challenges.
- Originally from Hawai’i.
- Growing up, he didn’t really know what he wanted to do, but he was always working with his hands and trying to fix things.
- Says when he first got into the industry, he had to “pay his dues”—being able to adapt was important.
- He says taking the leap and just getting started has been his biggest accomplishment.
- Received his technical training through Universal Technical Institute; believes taking that path with his education set him up for success.
- Currently serving as a Master Guild Technician for Audi—which means he is proficient in all areas of automotive tech.
- His goal is to one day be a technical manager or shop foreman, overseeing all the other technicians.
- His advice to people entering the auto industry: take advantage of any and all opportunities to learn and don’t be afraid to take on challenges.