Keola's Open Road
Getting Started (0:37)
Helping Others Is A Reward (0:31)
Working On Cars Is A Challenge (0:38)
Embrace Opportunities (0:53)
Paying Your Dues (0:55)
Master Guild Technician
accomplishment, adapting, automotive industry, challenges, challenging yourself, experience, fixing things, fun, helping others, improvement, learning, learning from mistakes, opportunities, passion, paying your dues, reward, school, technicians, training, work harder
- Originally from Hawai’i.
- Growing up, he didn’t really know what he wanted to do, but he was always working with his hands and trying to fix things.
- Says when he first got into the industry, he had to “pay his dues”—being able to adapt was important.
- He says taking the leap and just getting started has been his biggest accomplishment.
- Received his technical training through Universal Technical Institute; believes taking that path with his education set him up for success.
- Currently serving as a Master Guild Technician for Audi—which means he is proficient in all areas of automotive tech.
- His goal is to one day be a technical manager or shop foreman, overseeing all the other technicians.
- His advice to people entering the auto industry: take advantage of any and all opportunities to learn and don’t be afraid to take on challenges.