Kelly's Open Road
Do What Makes Sense To You (1:04)
Finding Someone Who Gets It (1:34)
Inspiration for Juice Hugger (0:37)
Believe You Can Do It (0:41)
Co-Owner / Creative Director
Juice Hugger, A Healthy Crush
business, change, clarity, confidence, doing what you love, fear, goals, hard work, healthy, inspiration, intention, job, lifestyle, limitations, money, obesity, passion, planning, positivity, weight
- Despite excelling academically as a young adult and rising to a prominent position within the entertainment world, she found herself unhappy and stressed.
- Started looking for a job that would let her follow her “intention,” which was to improve access to healthy culinary options in urban neighborhoods.
- Her childhood sweetheart Carl Foster approached her with the idea to start selling healthy juices in Los Angeles and she decided to jump aboard.
- The two started a company called Juice Hugger; it quickly grew into an all-encompassing healthy-lifestyle brand.
- Following the success of Juice Hugger, Kelly and Carl opened a Brooklyn cafe called A Healthy Crush.
- Says you can’t follow someone else’s plan because it probably won’t work for you—you have to pave your own way.
- The pair always set high goals for themselves, but were frugal; as a result, Juice Hugger survived as seven or eight similar companies shut down around them.
- Says you don’t have to be a famous multi-millionaire to be “successful”; if you put time, effort and passion into something, you’ll be successful and happy.