Kate's Open Road
There are no excerpts for this Leader.
I knew no matter how hard it was going to be, I had to keep going. I just had to keep going.
- Didn't originally want to cook, was focused on world travel.
- Moved to Israel and lived in a kibbutz.
- While cooking for the community, one of the women pointed out that Kate had some serious talent.
- While studying at culinary school, she was the only female in an all-male class.
- Decided no matter how hard it was going to be, she had to keep going.
- Says it's necessary to keep a sense of humor if you want to survive in a kitchen full of men.
- Realized cooking was her passion because she can't imagine herself doing anything else.
- Her restaurant, Cibo, was a finalist in Cuisine magazine's Best Restaurant awards.