Kalle's Open Road
Wait A Minute (1:01)
Disillusionment By Bits (3:13)
Living In a Me Culture (2:33)
Nurture Yourself (1:28)
Be open to any opportunities that present itself.
- Started his own advertising business in Japan; at first, he felt like he'd found the job and life society told him he was supposed to have.
- Bit by bit, he became disillusioned with the corporate world; often questioned why he was working with corrupt companies.
- After five years, he quit; says sometimes you can feel like you're on the right path, but sometimes you have to go off on a tangent.
- Spent three years traveling around third-world countries; says unlike L.A. or Paris, the people in these countries invited him into their lives.
- Moved to Canada to work for the National Film Board.
- Realized the broadcasting companies' content was dictated by their sponsors-reminded him of the censorship in Soviet Estonia, where he'd grown up.
- This realization gave rise to Adbusters magazine, an anti-consumerist, pro-environment publication.
- Used to define success by the admiration of his peers, or the circulation of his magazine, but now measures it by his sense of happiness and fulfillment.