Julianne's Open Road
Bennett College for Women
Anything that you do that's worth doing is going to have some challenges.
- Has had all sorts of impressive jobs; her mother jokes that, like a snake, Julianne "sheds her skin every 10 years."
- Says that rather than having a singular career, she's had a "series of adventures."
- Went to college a year early; went to MIT for graduate school and studied labor economics.
- Had visions of being the mayor of San Francisco; ran for public office and got beat "like a drum."
- Although she lost, someone heard her campaigning and thought she'd be perfect for radio.
- From there, she hosted her own talk radio show, taught at San Francisco State University, worked at CNN and started her own company.
- Visited Bennett College and got "Bennetized," fell in love; when the position of president opened up, she eagerly applied.
- Says fear is natural and thinks the best way for the risk-averse to conquer their fears is by making a plan, finding a passion.