Julian's Open Road
Master Chef, Picasso Restaurant
Bellagio Hotel and Casino
If you don't follow your path, it's tough to be successful.
- Didn't originally plan to be a chef.
- He knew he wanted to travel, and he needed a skill that would make him money in any country.
- Went to culinary school at age 16.
- Was able to travel all across Europe, work for some of the best restaurants in France and Spain.
- Has won two James Beard awards, often considered one of the most prestigious awards in the culinary field.
- His restaurant, Picasso, in Las Vegas, Nevada, has been awarded two Michelin stars.
- Says it's important to listen to advice and criticism, but it's more important to follow your own path.