Joshua's Open Road
You are about to come into this really dynamic place in your life where everything that you have known is taken away from you and you get to take that first step. It is totally terrifying but ultimately, I think it's the best place you can be.
- Started acting when he was very young but hit a rough patch when he was a teenager.
- A TV show that he was supposed to work on fell through and he was ready to quit acting.
- Luckily, because that TV show fell through, he was able to go to the audition for Dawson's Creek.
- Spent five years working on that show; it became one of the most popular shows of the late 90s and he became a star.
- Says for all the beautiful moments on that show, there were also hardships-at one point, he talked to a producer about quitting.
- He's grateful he stuck it out because at the end of six seasons, he was able to look back at the completed show with great pride.
- Advises against worrying about consequences-says every choice has hundreds of unintended consequences, but you don't yet know if they'll be good or bad.
- Says that because this generation no longer spends 25 years on one job and then retires with a gold watch, we have less stability, but infinitely more choice.