Josh's Open Road
The Transition Period (0:49)
Job Search After Military (1:01)
Save Money (1:33)
Scouting in the Military (1:20)
Vice President of Operations
Texas Trophy Hunters Association
college, desire, drive, enjoy what you're doing, happiness, injury, internship, job, military, money, nature, searching, self worth, struggle, teaching, transition, travel, war, writing
- In college he focused on writing, and loved travel writing specifically; in 2001, he was a recent graduate working in the fields of marketing and writing.
- The events of September 11 left an impression on him, and he decided to sign up for the Army.
- After being wounded several times, he was medically retired from the military in 2009.
- While he was still in the military, he had petitioned to work as an intern writer/editor at the Texas Trophy Hunters Association.
- Says that being willing to shed his ego and work for free got his foot in the door and started him down the path to where he is today; it also made his transition much more manageable.
- As VP of Operations, he’s now involved in all aspects of the Texas Trophy Hunters Association, from producing their TV show on the Outdoor Channel, to designing their merchandise.
- The job combines his passion for writing and storytelling with his love for the outdoors.
- Believes that the best way to find self-purpose is by getting active; says that inactivity and indecision will eat away at your ambition.