John's Open Road
John Podesta Highlight (0:45)
Something You Love Doing (0:46)
San Jose Team
Public Television: Season 4
Center for American Progress
What's important is to find something, that, at the end of the day, feels like something you really want to be doing and love doing.
bond, community, connection, family, government, material possessions, the White House
- Grew up in Chicago.
- His father worked in factories his whole life and always pushed John to get a good education.
- Graduated with a law degree from Georgetown University's Law Center.
- Worked for the Department of Justice and four different Congressional offices.
- President Clinton appointed him Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff.
- Founded the Center for American Progress, a progressive public policy research and advocacy organization.
- Says the organization is a way for him to express his bond with his community.
- Stresses that you're going to have a career for a long time, so you should find something that you love doing.