John's Open Road
I think success has a lot to do with finding something you love and putting everything you have into it.
- Grew up playing music on his family's rickety piano and in his church in Springfield, Ohio.
- Fell in love with music at a young age; loved performing and getting to create something new.
- The first in his family to go to college, he attended the University of Pennsylvania.
- Being first to go to college, his parents' divorce and his mother's drug problem were all obstacles.
- Worked as a management consultant after school, but spent his nights performing and recording.
- Says that what defines successful people is not that they don't fail, but how they bounce back.