Jo's Open Road
There are no excerpts for this Leader.
Adelaide, South Australia AUS
Public Television: Season 5
acting, business, improv, making decisions, obstacles, parents, safe path, theater, trust your instincts
- Went to university to please his parents.
- Got an arts-commerce degree, but focused on theater the whole time he was there.
- Improvisation taught him “don’t think—just do things.”
- Believes that instinctively, you know what you want to do, but it takes time to “own” it and work towards it.
- Finished university and knew he wanted to be an actor, but he spent a year being indecisive before he actualized his dream, went to acting school.
- In acting school, he tried very hard to get things right, do things well.
- Finally, a teacher told him, “it’s boring to be ‘good’—said it’s okay to be brilliant or terrible, as long as you’re taking a risk.
- Says the only way that you can have a remarkable life is by making remarkable choices, not safe choices.