Jim's Open Road
There are no excerpts for this Leader.
Indie: The Bon Voyagers
Professor of Architecture
University of Memphis
Establish your own Manifesto. Establish what's important to you.
exposure, manifestos, personal objectives, solving problems
- Remembers being in the first grade and telling someone he wanted to be an architect.
- Received a bachelor's degree from Syracuse University and a master's from UC Berkeley, both in architecture.
- Says his work is also his love-his two great hobbies, reading and traveling, overlap in architecture.
- Practiced architecture in California for nearly 20 years; did commercial, residential, and historic preservation projects.
- Now teaches sustainable design and architecture at the University of Memphis.
- He encourages his students to boil down their beliefs into two paragraphs, write their own manifestos and stick to them.
- Says you have to have so much belief in what you do that you'd be willing to yell about it to a crowd of people.
- He loves sustainable architecture, says his main goal is to solve the problem at hand without endangering future generations' resources.