Jessica's Open Road
Glass Blowing (0:26)
Leave School Determined (0:25)
Glass Business (0:57)
A Billion Jobs (0:45)
Definition of Success (0:41)
Leaving Home (0:30)
Public Television: Season 12
Mantra Glass Art
art, awareness, Colorado, creativity, design, drive, explore, glass blowing, human nature, intention, music, passion, positive, slow down, starting over, structure, studio, taking a leap, travel, welding
- Went to school for welding and design, says at the time, welding was "everything" to her.
- At age 22, joined the world's biggest welding design studio, where she was the only female.
- Realized that she was unhappy making someone else's work, getting sick from welding fumes everyday.
- Decided she had to drop everything and start over; moved to Colorado for a while, explored the U.S.
- Found glassblowing during her senior year of college and fell in love.
- When starting her business, she made it a point to create her own brand as a unique, tattooed female artist, making sustainable glass.
- Says she's learned the value of being honest and open; people respond positively when she shows her personality in her work.
- Has respect for her craft-glassblowing is a dangerous, and your work can easily shatter, but if you put positive energy into it, it turns out well.