Jessica's Open Road
Mantra Glass Art
The best experiences I've ever had have been those leaps of faith where I decided, 'Screw it, I'm just gonna go for it.
- Went to school for welding and design, says at the time, welding was "everything" to her.
- At age 22, joined the world's biggest welding design studio, where she was the only female.
- Realized that she was unhappy making someone else's work, getting sick from welding fumes everyday.
- Decided she had to drop everything and start over; moved to Colorado for a while, explored the U.S.
- Found glassblowing during her senior year of college and fell in love.
- When starting her business, she made it a point to create her own brand as a unique, tattooed female artist, making sustainable glass.
- Says she's learned the value of being honest and open; people respond positively when she shows her personality in her work.
- Has respect for her craft-glassblowing is a dangerous, and your work can easily shatter, but if you put positive energy into it, it turns out well.