Jeremy's Open Road
Public Television: Season 3
Be ready for opportunity when it knocks because when it's all said and done…all we'll have is our memories and I don't want to sit around and say I could've been this or I could've been that.
animals, danger, discouragement, rodeo, success
- Grew up in Fountain Hill, Arkansas, population: 150.
- There was nothing to do except play sports, like basketball and baseball.
- His uncle was on the amateur rodeo tour, so he had to pitch in and help out with the events.
- When he was 14, he started riding and roping bulls.
- Says through perseverance, he went from a kid with a hobby to a professional athlete.
- Doesn't think his job is dangerous: "my mother would tell you different, but anything you're used to, good at, comfortable with-you don't see it as dangerous."
- Hates seeing people getting discouraged from doing something they like just because it's not "popular."
- Says people don't like to see others find success, but you can't let those naysayers get you down.