Jake's Open Road
Makes Me Stronger (0:40)
Reverse Psychology (0:45)
Nothing Ventured (0:44)
Your Job is Half of Your Life (1:41)
Starting a Business (0:28)
Parents During College (1:18)
Co-Founder and Artist
Austin Art Garage
Failure Confidence Support & Encouragement Choices Desire Money & Financial Security Chance Passion Risk Family Fulfillment Hobbies & Pastimes Values Determination Education Goals Perseverance Hard Work
- After college, he wanted to buy a piece of art in his price range and couldn't find anything.
- Wondered why there wasn't a gallery for "the regular folks out there," so he started one.
- Saved his money from working in corporate marketing to start Austin Art Garage.
- Decided that he wanted money to be a side-product of his passion, not the main goal.
- Had a background in marketing, but wanted to create something that was so cool it marketed itself.
- His biggest inspiration is people telling him that something can't be done.
- Says, "I like to win and not lose, but I feel like it's failing from the get-go if you don't try."
- Trying and failing makes you stronger, he says; "I want to enjoy the journey, not the destination."