Jacqueline's Open Road
Firearms for Life
Be proud of who you are and who you were, but yesterday is yesterday—do something today.
- As a teenager, she was in a juvenile holding center when a military recruiter came and “rescued” her.
- She joined the Navy and served for four years; says “I thought boot camp was easy...and I’d never had so much food in my life.”
- One day, while playing soccer in a Navy tournament in Hawaii, she was scouted out by the director of Battleship.
- He asked her to join the set and help train the film’s star, Rihanna, in proper weapons technique.
- Despite originally turning the part down, her superiors urged her to take the job.
- After Rihanna posted a picture of Jackie on her Instagram, she was able to start growing her own brand on social media.
- Now works as a firearms instructor at Firearms for Life in Las Vegas; also does fitness modeling and rides motocross on the side.
- Says patience is key to transitioning from military to civilian life, and that there’s a lot of room to learn and grow during the transition: “If you do it the right way, you’ll mature from it.”