Henry's Open Road
Other: Montreal Team
Gibson Guitar Corp.
business, business school, challenges, competition, engineer, engineering, enlightenment, General Motors, GM, Harvard, losing, making mistakes, perspective, winning
- Says he always knew music would play a big part in his life, but is still surprised it's part of his profession.
- Went to the General Motors institute where he earned an engineering degree, then worked as an engineer.
- Left to go to Harvard Business School on a GM scholarship; had an "enlightenment" there.
- Knew he wanted to run a business, rather than spending his life making carburetors.
- Always liked a challenge; wanted to manage a company because he's "a risk-taker [that] always likes to win."
- Says "there's competition all around you," when asked if that scares him, he says, "No, why would it?"
- "I lose all the time"-says if you're afraid of losing, you should never take a risk, because everyone loses.
- Says that when you make mistakes, "you're winning because you're personally improving yourself."