Henrik's Open Road
I Was A Car Guy (0:38)
Be Happy Doing What You Do (0:25)
Trust Your Intuition (0:54)
Freedom of Choice (0:53)
World Famous 4X4
advice, automotive industry, car, choice, doing what you love, experience, growing, happiness, hard work, intuition, loans, money, social media, sponsors, success, trucks, trust your gut
- Was a “car guy” to begin with—his favorite car was a Ford Mustang GT 50, which made him feel like the king of the road.
- One winter, he got the Mustang stuck in a snowstorm—a friend of his came to pick him up in a four-wheel drive Blazer and he was amazed by its ability to go anywhere at anytime.
- A week later he got a Blazer, and from then on, he was hooked.
- Started out by trying to build a truck in his parents driveway; when neighbors started to complain about the noise, he rented out a small space to finish the project.
- At his first car show, companies liked his truck and asked if he would display their brand on his car at other shows; this led to numerous sponsors and press, which enabled him to grow his company.
- He has been running World Famous 4x4 for the last 25 years building and customizing trucks of all kinds.
- Defines success as being happy about doing what you do regardless of money or prestige.
- Believes that to really make it in the auto industry, you have to carve out your niche—”If you’re known as the person to go to for something specialized, then you will do well.”