Heather's Open Road
You never know where you're going to go, or what you're going to do. Your life just keeps getting taken in these different directions.
- After she didn't get a job working for a photographer, she went to work for a florist.
- While the head florist was away for a week, Heather started "tinkering," ended up making better arrangements than her boss.
- After she was laid off, she started her own floral business, did weddings and parties.
- Bought her own land so she could grow her own flowers and fruits, make jams; says, "I wanted to be Martha Stewart."
- Was inspired by Victoria magazine; invited the staff to a tea at her house, set up flowers and pies.
- One of the staff members told Heather she should be a prop stylist; Heather's reaction was, "That's a job?!"
- She started getting in touch with Canadian magazines and setting up their photoshoots.
- Says once she's not having fun anymore, she stops doing a job; never lets fear hold her back from trying new things.