Heather's Open Road
Don't Know What You Like Until You're Doing It (0:37)
To Choke Or Not To Choke (1:09)
It Has To Be Done (0:23)
Surrey, British Columbia CAN
Public Television: Season 7
You never know where you're going to go, or what you're going to do. Your life just keeps getting taken in these different directions.
being open, florist, flowers, fun, magazine, photography, television, try something
- After she didn't get a job working for a photographer, she went to work for a florist.
- While the head florist was away for a week, Heather started "tinkering," ended up making better arrangements than her boss.
- After she was laid off, she started her own floral business, did weddings and parties.
- Bought her own land so she could grow her own flowers and fruits, make jams; says, "I wanted to be Martha Stewart."
- Was inspired by Victoria magazine; invited the staff to a tea at her house, set up flowers and pies.
- One of the staff members told Heather she should be a prop stylist; Heather's reaction was, "That's a job?!"
- She started getting in touch with Canadian magazines and setting up their photoshoots.
- Says once she's not having fun anymore, she stops doing a job; never lets fear hold her back from trying new things.