Hannah's Open Road
Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket (1:26)
Go Big or Go Home (0:32)
Experience As Much As I Can (0:44)
Do Good (0:36)
Jump Or Be Pushed (1:21)
New Industry (0:25)
Crazy Babbling Sunshine
Public Television: Season 8
LiNK (Liberty In North Korea)
communications, corporate, generation, hard work, immigrant, issues, Korea, nonprofit, opportunity, passion, political science, president, privilege, responsibility, risk, second, struggle, support, travel, volunteer
- Started volunteering with Liberty in North Korea (LINK) the year it was founded.
- She was out of college and working in advertising, but she felt something was lacking.
- Her volunteer work with LINK started pulling at her so much that she couldn’t focus on her job; quit to join LINK fulltime.
- Feels like she was in the “unique season” of her life where she had no baggage, could take that risk and jump ship.
- Says she’s not cut out in her position, she’s way under-qualified, has no experience in policy, but she’s “here for a reason” and that’s what counts.
- For a while, she had to waitress to support herself while she volunteered at the nonprofit, but she stuck it out.
- She gets frustrated, tired, stressed, but she’s never said she hates her job because she feels it’s a privilege for her to help others.
- As a second-generation immigrant, she feels pressure to succeed, but this also drives her to give back.