Glenna's Open Road
Commissions Learning (1:22)
Success and Education (2:05)
Who Really Cares (0:45)
The Good And The Bad (1:00)
Success Is The Greatest Revenge (1:33)
Poor, Lazy Overachievers
Santa Fe, NM
Public Television: Season 7
balance, children, degree, doctorate degree, encouragement, enjoyment, gratification, judgement, meet people, modeling, monuments, nancy, people, professor, reagan, real estate, ronald reagan, sacajawea coin, speech, vietnam memorial
- Has been sculpting for 40 years.
- Always wanted to be an artist, but felt pressure to get her degree, start a family, "do what women are supposed to do...says somebody."
- Had a sculpting professor who told her she couldn't "see three-dimensional," discouraged her from pursuing it.
- She was a painter for 20 years; years down the line, someone encouraged her to try sculpting again.
- As she began selling a few pieces, she slowly regained her confidence in sculpting.
- Designed the Sacagawea gold coin, the Vietnam Women's Memorial in Washington D.C., helped design the New Mexico state quarter.
- Says that because people are her passion, she most enjoys sculpting likenesses of people.
- Doesn't care if people don't like her "funny-looking ballerinas"-she likes making her sculptures so much, she's stopped caring what people think.