Geoff & Nicola's Open Road
There are no excerpts for this Leader.
Public Television: Season 6
GEOFF & NICOLA WRIGHT
You're searching for something but the answer's actually you.
accounting, dreams, lifestyle, organic, vegan, vegetarian, vineyard, vision, wine
- Nicola was constantly traveling, jumping around, worked as an accountant, then a lawyer, but nothing was grabbing her.
- Geoff was qualified as a chartered accountant, but that environment “didn’t feel right”; always thought it’d be amazing to own a vineyard.
- Decided he didn’t want a job he was going to “moan about” from 9-to-5, so he went for his dream.
- Nicola moved to Gisborne, NZ to “meet Mr. Right,” who would be a winemaker; 16 days later, she found Geoff.
- When they were putting in the initial work, Nicola had second-thoughts, almost got impatient, thought they could sell their land instead.
- Opened Wrights Wines, which was New Zealand’s first producer of organic and vegan wines.
- Geoff says the key to reaching a dream that seems far-off is by taking one small step towards it everyday.
- Says if there’s ever anything he’d feel like he’d regret not doing at the end of his life, he just does it.