Gabriel's Open Road
Everyone Is Born With A Message (0:58)
How Do You Judge Happiness? (1:15)
Be Honest (0:43)
The Promised Land
Everyone is born with a message; everyone is born with something to say.
- When he was young, he didn't have a "career" in mind, but he definitely had an area of interest.
- Was originally studying theater; directed a play in Boston; a producer recognized as a visual wonder; shot the play as a film.
- As he was participating of the direction of this film, he realized his training in directing actors could cross over into film and television.
- He went to work at a local Boston TV station; had to give up directing theater but got to direct documentaries instead.
- Produced several documentaries, eventually won an Emmy with that station.
- Says that when you're facing criticism, you just have to be honest with yourself and honest with others.
- He "never did and never will" judge his success by how much money he's made; says success is in the "magic" of communication, being happy.
- Says his priority is "me first...me, and whatever good I can give to the rest of my peers"; that might be egotistical but he always wants to be happy.