Evin's Open Road
New York On Tech
When you look in the mirror, you have to feel comfortable and confident with the image that you’re carrying. Be okay with being yourself.
- Co-founded New York on Tech along with fellow leader Jessica Santana.
- New York on Tech is a nonprofit organization that provides low-opportunity youth with mentorship and experience in technology.
- Growing up in New York City, he learned coding and web design so that he could personalize his Myspace profile.
- Met Jessica Santana while at school at Syracuse University; the two pursued master’s degrees in technology studies together.
- While in college and after graduating, he landed a series of prestigious internships and jobs, but he always wanted to do something to help give back to his hometown of Brooklyn.
- Founded New York on Tech in 2014 while simultaneously working as a technology consultant at Accenture; currently balances between both jobs.
- Says, “life is full of stress—but you have to learn to live with that stress, rather than living in a state of stress.”
- Tells road-trippers that there will always be obstacles in their journey, and that life is not about avoiding those obstacles, but rather, learning how to navigate them.