Eric's Open Road
The Turning Point (0:47)
Outside of School (0:42)
School Community (0:52)
Application of Creative Education (1:03)
Hand Eye Supply / Core 77
Start with something. You don't have to have a refined goal; just get out there, start, and see where it takes you.
- Originally majored in chemical engineering, but says his technical side wasn't very "robust," and he failed out after one year.
- Instead, he graduated from college with a degree in finance, but he didn't have a passion for the field.
- While working as a valet, his sister gave him a pamphlet for design school, a path he'd never considered.
- He'd always been a creative person, so he decided to go for it; enrolled in a design school.
- As he was going through school, the popularity of the Web was just starting to take off.
- He developed a website that centered on industrial design.
- That site has since evolved into Coroflot.com and Core77.com; it's become his life's work.
- Says that once you start diving into your interests, you'll encounter like-minded people and you'll start to see tons of new possibilities open up.