Edmund's Open Road
There's no manual-don't go to the end of your life feeling that you could have done something and didn't. Because there's absolutely nothing to stop you.
- Grew up in rural England where "you had a predetermined path."
- His parents couldn't afford to send him to college, which was common in his town.
- Wanted to go into entertainment but his parents weren't supportive, the industry wasn't doing well in England.
- Worked as an extra, says "you did whatever you had to do to make a living."
- Knew he had to go to the U.S. if he wanted any modicum of success; moved to Los Angeles with no friends and no money.
- Got a speaking role on a big-budget Mutant Ninja Turtles movie; realized "this is a heck of a long way from milking a cow on an English farm."
- Says you have to never forget where you started and how much you owe to the people who helped you get to where you are.
- Stresses that everyone only has 24 hours in a day; what you do with your time determines if you leave "a little tiny footprint, or no footprint at all."