Dr Karl's Open Road
There are no excerpts for this Leader.
Sydney, New South Wales AUS
Public Television: Season 5
DR KARL KRUSZELNICKI
Triple J Radio
children, fun, happiness, helping others, liberation, meaning, medicine
- Designed and built a machine that picked up electrical signals from the human eyeball to diagnose eye diseases.
- They weren’t paying him but he loved it, so he lived off discarded old fruit and veggies.
- Had an epiphany while working as a doctor: told a patient’s parents that their son was going to be fine, could easily be treated for pneumonia.
- Everyone in the room burst into tears; he realized what he really wanted to do was “liberate people from what holds them back.”
- He thinks he’s succeeded at this; people come up to him in the street and tell him his show has improved their lives.
- But he didn’t have this epiphany until his mid-forties; says you never know when it will hit you.
- You can’t really “decide” what you’re going to do with your life until it comes to you, gives your life meaning.
- Says learn the difference between true happiness and fun: you can have a lot of fun and still not be truly happy.