Delfina's Open Road
Something Different (0:57)
Lean Into The Problem (1:29)
Nobody Hands You Anything (1:22)
Turbulence Creates Opportunity (0:36)
Okay With The Journey (1:15)
How To Know You Love Something (0:19)
I'm The Only Woman Here (0:49)
Menlo Park, CA
Public Television: Season 10
Director of Data Center Operations
change, community college, computer programing, computers, connection, dive in, Facebook, figure it out, first generation, hesitation, immigrant, leadership, Mexico, people, school, social, social media, something more, technology, training
- Came from a large Mexican family, is a first-generation American.
- Grew up in a working-class neighborhood; her father was a farm laborer.
- Said the whole time she was in school, she was "waiting for life to start; needed to check that box and move on."
- Randomly got a part-time job in the computer room of a local bank.
- Realized that while most were shying away from new technology, she was really "leaning into it."
- Once she took a job, she put her all into it; did everything she could to learn about her job, stayed late, came in early.
- Was consistently in leadership roles because she liked the human-to-human aspect of her jobs more than sitting behind a computer coding.
- Encourages students interested in the tech industry to explore different roles; not everything is programming.