Delfina's Open Road
Lean Into The Problem (1:29)
Nobody Hands You Anything (1:22)
Something Different (0:57)
Turbulence Creates Opportunity (0:36)
How To Know You Love Something (0:19)
I'm The Only Woman Here (0:49)
Okay With The Journey (1:15)
Director of Data Center Operations
When I get a little voice that says, 'I'm not sure how to do that,' that's when I try to lean in the most. That's when I'm going to learn the most; that's when something is going to change.
- Came from a large Mexican family, is a first-generation American.
- Grew up in a working-class neighborhood; her father was a farm laborer.
- Said the whole time she was in school, she was "waiting for life to start; needed to check that box and move on."
- Randomly got a part-time job in the computer room of a local bank.
- Realized that while most were shying away from new technology, she was really "leaning into it."
- Once she took a job, she put her all into it; did everything she could to learn about her job, stayed late, came in early.
- Was consistently in leadership roles because she liked the human-to-human aspect of her jobs more than sitting behind a computer coding.
- Encourages students interested in the tech industry to explore different roles; not everything is programming.