Dean's Open Road
Change As You Grow (0:30)
Conquering Fear (0:30)
World Record (1:18)
Newport Beach, CA
Public Television: Season 12
boat, chance, change, college, comfort zone, dream, experiment, fear, growth, learning experiences, lucky, mistakes, ocean, opportunity, personal growth, risk, social change, uncertainty, water, water jet pack
- Was always confused by the kids and students around him who knew exactly what they wanted to be.
- Worked in corporate consulting at a big bank for some time after college.
- Says you're continually changing-what you like now, you might not like in 4 years or 10 years, so keep experimenting.
- Eventually realized he hated his job; quit without a single plan, just knew he couldn't keep doing consulting.
- A friend showed him a YouTube video of someone jetpacking, which he'd never seen before.
- Helped start up and run Jetpack America, which provides lessons and flight experiences on their jetpacks.
- Says it's better to jump in and try things-even if you don't enjoy something, you won't have regrets, wondering if you should've tried.
- Believes personal growth comes from extending yourself a little bit past your comfort zone.