Darius' Open Road
Don't Fear The Consequenses (1:48)
New Orleans, LA
Public Television: Season 3
My biggest thing is not being afraid of the consequences. That's why so many people stay where they are-everybody's so scared.
computer science, computers, lifestyle, Spanish, travel
- Says his truck-driving "job" is actually more of a lifestyle; he doesn't just put in 8 hours and go home.
- Went to school for three-and-a-half years, double-majored in computer science and Spanish.
- When he was looking at careers, he realized that none of them actually appealed to him.
- For example, he loved studying Spanish, but didn't want to teach or translate legal documents-couldn't "fathom" doing either.
- Realized that maybe a 9-to-5 just wasn't for him; knew he loved to travel.
- His family was "disappointed" when he dropped out of college to drive trucks, but ultimately said "do what makes you happy."
- Has no regrets; says he's found something that he truly loves to do.
- Says far too many people work jobs just for the money, stay in positions where, if they won the lottery, they'd immediately quit.