Craig's Open Road
Craig's List (0:51)
Play Fair, Work Hard (0:16)
Craigslist Idea (1:24)
Time Management (0:56)
San Francisco, CA
Public Television: Season 4
art, balance, category, charles schwab, comfortable, friends, getting ahead, happiness, ibm, ideas, initiative, internet, programer, responsibility, success, technology, time, toys, treat others the way you want to be treated, work
- Spent 17 years at IBM right out of school, "didn't take any initiative in terms of [his] career."
- Finally snapped out of it, got a job he liked at Charles Schwab.
- Started Craigslist as a hobby, with the idea that he'd send his friends 10 or 12 cool events.
- People started making suggestions, like that he should include job postings; just kept growing.
- By 1998, it'd become so popular that he decided to make it "a real company."
- Works on two core values: "Play fair, work hard and you get ahead," and "treat people the way you want to be treated."