Cliff's Open Road
Paying The Price (1:22)
In It For The Blues (2:00)
Massive Confidence Issues (0:44)
Antone's Records and Tapes and Antone's Record Shop
It was the only thing I ever could do, is hear music. I couldn't hear what was going on in school or anything 'cause I had music in my head all my life.
- Grew up on the Texas/Louisiana border with a diverse, Cajun background.
- Listened to the blues and American soul growing up; says it's all he did-listen to music.
- The blues were still very much an underground scene when he was growing up; wanted to "bring blues to the people."
- Once they got the idea to start a club, he says people started pitching in; felt like Field of Dreams: "if you build it, they will come."
- Started his blues club at such a young age that many of the acts and agents that came through asked him where his father was.
- Says if he could do it over, he would've gone to school, says he made things harder than they needed to be at times.
- Encourages aspiring musicians to go to school, make money first, but make sure to go for it at some point if it's a burning passion.
- Says he's so happy with what he's done, but he's paid a huge price-been to jail, made very little money.