Clayton's Open Road
Inspiration Passion Values Failure Hard Work Opportunity Family Support & Encouragement Hobbies & Pastimes Perseverance Talent Experience Instincts Determination Negativity Culture Transitions Exploration Acceptance Planning
- Born and raised in Los Angeles.
- Knew from a very young age that he loved to bang on things and make beats.
- Says "like Harry Potter with the wand," drumming chose him.
- Thankful for the support of his parents, who paid for a drum set and lessons so he could cultivate his passion.
- Says one of his first big setbacks was not getting a part in Ray Charles' band, but hesitates to call it a "failure."
- Believes that failing to achieve something the first time just means you'll be that much more prepared next time.
- When James Brown complimented his playing as "funky," felt that his life's hard work had been validated.
- Now uses his talent to inspire others by teaching drumming at UCLA.