Christine's Open Road
Driving Force (0:46)
School to Publishing (0:55)
Make Your Own Luck (0:40)
Gift of Reading (0:36)
My Job Here (0:46)
Spring Break Roadtrip
San Francisco, CA
books, creativity, discovery, education, english, impact, joy, luck, management, marketing, publishing, reading, sharing stories, speaking English, transformation, try something, work ethic
- She started reading when she was three years old, and she was always fascinated by the power of words.
- Grew up in Scotland, where moving 13 miles away to go to university was considering “moving away from home.”
- In Scotland’s school system, she had to pick her major right away and stick with it; as a result, she studied English literature with an intense focus.
- However, even with that specialized study, she still had no idea what she wanted to do when she graduated.
- She spent a year working as a secretary, because as a women of her class, that was the go-to entry level career.
- After a year, she realized that she didn’t want to be someone’s assistant any longer; she wanted to go back to pursuing her passions for reading and literature.
- Naturally, she was led into the publishing industry; she loves her current job as a publisher because it involves a lot of collaboration.
- Chalks a lot of her success up to her Scottish work ethic; her school’s motto was, “Nothing without work.”