Christine's Open Road
There are no excerpts for this Leader.
Don't be afraid to take risks, [if you do] you're closing doors that way.
- Used to be an engineer; quit three times before she finally said, "I can't do this anymore."
- After climbing her first wall, she started spending every second of her free time at climbing walls, going on climbing trips.
- Liked that in climbing, you always set a goal, then you figure out the best moves you can make to get you there.
- After climbing an 8,000 foot peak in Pakistan and summiting, she knew she wanted to devote her life to climbing.
- Bought an indebted expedition business; said like climbing a mountain, they were starting at the base, had to build it up.
- Says she's faced sexism; sometimes guys "have issues" with a woman leading them, boyfriends got jealous she was better than them.
- Hopes to keep improving her climbing, the way she runs her business, and the way she treats people until the day she dies.
- Says the best part about climbing is the sense of accomplishment at the end, but also the views on the way up.