Christen's Open Road
Christen Carter Highlight (1:42)
There are no excerpts for this Leader.
Busy Beaver Button Co.
I don't know if there's one right thing for everybody. There's a lot of right things.
- Used to fantasize about designing the toys inside of the Cracker Jack boxes.
- While in London, she saw people wearing buttons everywhere.
- Realized that she could bring the trend back to the States, had a friend teach her how to make them.
- Had support from friends in the band Guided by Voices, said they'd be her first customers.
- Armed with the idea and the promised customers, it all came together and she knew she had to go for it.
- Says that, of course, a lot of people were skeptical of her business, but it made her want to do well.
- Doesn't believe in the idea of "one right thing for everybody," thinks we could all succeed at a variety of things.