Chelsea's Open Road
Vice Chair of the Board
I’ve figured out what my passion is, and how to pursue it in a way that feels right to me.
- Daughter of Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and 42nd President of the United States Bill Clinton.
- For most of her life, she thought she wanted to be a doctor.
- Once she went to college, she realized she didn’t actually want to become a doctor, but instead wanted to work in public health.
- After completing a history degree at Stanford University, she pursued master’s degrees at Columbia University and the University of Oxford.
- Received a doctorate in international relations; her studies focused on how economics and social determinants influence global health.
- Says technically, since she has her Ph.D., she’s still “Dr. Clinton,” so things have come full circle.
- Her work with the Clinton Foundation promotes global health and wellness by increasing access to medications and healthier food choices.
- Says that as much as she loves her work, at the end of the day, her most important job is being a mom to her daughter, Charlotte.