Charlie's Open Road
Charlie Sims Highlight (2:28)
As you grow older, you will understand more and more and more and more. It takes time...You don't learn wisdom, you grow it.
- Has seen a lot; at 71 years old, he's had four wives, eleven grown children, and sixteen grandchildren.
- Says much of his wisdom simply comes with age; you're never going to pick up a book and learn "wisdom," you have to live it.
- Where was he when he was 20 years old? "When I was 20, I was a follower."
- Stopped being a follower, going with the flow when he "realized it didn't work for me."
- Says that once you feel like you're done "exploring," that means you're in the place you need to be, doing the thing you need to do.