Chad's Open Road
Creative Outlet (0:59)
Defining Moment (1:02)
Uncertainty Is Okay (0:47)
Outtake - Tour of Band Headquarters (6:00)
San Diego, CA
Public Television: Season 6
acceptance, art, back up plan, comfort, creativity, drums, emotion, escape, friction, labels, lifestyle, opinions, pain, questioning, safety net, school, society, tension, time, uncertainty
- When they started the band, they were still in college; had to balance touring and going to class.
- Realized that trying to hold on to both school and music was diminishing his enjoyment of both.
- Decided he had to go all in on one-chose the band.
- Said he had to get rid of the safety net; even if he failed, he had to "fully engage," would "always regret it" if he didn't pursue music.
- If you have a passion for art, "it's gonna come out," no matter if you're making a living off it or just doing it as a hobby.
- Even though he made a career of what he loves, still gets envious of people who work "at the hardware store," play music for fun.