Cecil's Open Road
Defining Success (1:25)
Make Today A Good Day (2:13)
Calculating Risks (1:13)
Director of Sustainability & Energy
It's always easier to take risks once you can picture what will happen if you fail.
- Had a full scholarship to the University of Maryland to study music.
- Felt like the school was too big for him, did a transfer program at the University of Montana.
- Got "bit by the bug" while flying over the Midwest, realized that humans rule the planet, have a duty to protect it.
- Knew he couldn't just take an environmental science class and move on, he had to dedicate his life to this.
- Found a group of people who felt the same, they decided they wanted to found an "eco-village."
- Started Dancing Rabbit-all homes built with alternative materials, powered by renewable energy, grow and consume organic produce.
- Wishes he could've cloned himself: part of him could've stayed at Dancing Rabbit forever, part of him had always wanted to live in New York.
- Moved to New York, got to enjoy city life, simultaneously help the environment on a large scale by making NYU more sustainable.