Carl's Open Road
Do What Makes Sense To You (1:04)
Finding Someone Who Gets It (1:34)
Inspiration for Juice Hugger (0:37)
Believe You Can Do It (0:41)
Co-Owner / CEO
business, change, clarity, confidence, doing what you love, fear, goals, hard work, healthy, inspiration, intention, job, lifestyle, limitations, money, obesity, passion, planning, positivity, weight
- A few years ago, Carl weighed 218 pounds while standing at only 5’8” tall.
- After years of living as a borderline diabetic, he finally decided to say, “enough is enough.”
- Started juicing as a way to improve his lifestyle; when people saw how much his body was changing, they “wanted what he was on.”
- He was supplementing his income by making juice for people in his neighborhood when he was “miraculously” laid off from his job as an auditor.
- Saw this as a sign and decided to scoop up the trademark and domain name for “Juice Hugger.”
- The first person he told about Juice Hugger was extremely negative, but when he told his future co-founder Kelly Keelo about his big idea, she “just got it”
- Says people will project their own limitations on you, but you can’t listen to them because “the picture you have in your head is the most vivid, most possible thing in your life.”
- Says the key to success is to find something you love, find out how you can make it profitable, and find out how you can use it to help others.