Byron's Open Road
Strong Curiosity (1:03)
Make Sure You Have A Support System (1:10)
There's Always Gonna Be Temptation (1:04)
Filter What You Learn (1:13)
Listing Priorities (1:07)
Process Integration Engineer
If you're not challenged, you're not growing.
- As a kid, had a strong curiosity for math, science technology.
- Was obsessed with Star Wars, bought a telescope, got interested in space, space travel.
- Went to MIT undergrad; "it was a challenge, to say the least," and he doubted he was good enough.
- Says, "get people around you that are going to help you be successful; make sure you have a support system so you can fall back on them."
- Encourages students to "take what the professor gives you and distill it into something you understand," rewrite your notes in a language you understand.
- When confronted with distractions living in the Bay Area ("a happenin' place"), just kept his focus on getting his Stanford degree.
- Now works at Texas Instruments developing semiconductor materials that enable touchscreen capabilities in computers and phones.