Bryan's Open Road
There are no excerpts for this Leader.
Fort Collins, CO
Public Television: Season 7
Media Relations Director
New Belgium Brewery
beer, business, business school, film, film industry, freedom, journalism, movies, news, screenplays, television, trying different things
- Wanted to major in English literature, dad made him do business school; dropped out after "two-hour lecture on how to properly shake hands."
- Compromised with his parents and transferred into the journalism major.
- Went into television news but it started "grinding" on him; covered too much death and destruction.
- Saw the movie Edward Scissorhands and decided he wanted to write screenplays; moved to LA.
- Says just up and moving to LA to pursue screenwriting dream was huge; taught him to stop thinking of roads not taken, just go for everything.
- Writing screenplays also taught him to make films he believed in, tell stories he wanted to tell, rather than try to fill seats.
- Once he was satisfied that he'd put in his best work in LA, he moved back to Colorado and could do "whatever he wanted to do."