Brian's Open Road
The only thing holding you back is your fear. Once you let go of your fear, it’ll all work out...but that’s the scariest thing to do.
- When he was 11 years old, one of his video games glitched and he was able to glimpse some of its code.
- Decided he wanted to learn how to hack into that code and rewrite it so that he could beat the game; went to the library and began teaching himself how to program.
- Once he got out of college, he knew he wanted to be in high tech, and decided that San Diego was the place to be.
- He moved in with his aunt and uncle in San Diego; bought a suit and started going from business to business looking for work.
- By his estimation, he visited about 50 businesses before finally someone hired him.
- When he was 23, his best friend was murdered; he started contemplating whether or not he wanted to live and ended up on his motorcycle going 140 mph.
- Decided since he didn’t die on his motorcycle that night, everything after that was like a “bonus round”; he couldn’t mess it up because he was supposed to be dead anyways.
- Recently became a Buddhist; says we spend too much time worrying about the future when the future is determined on living well in the present.